February 13, 2019. By John Wolfsberg:
With the time of resolutions starting to fade and sweater weather in full force, it can be difficult to justify going to the gym not only for motivational, but also for monetary reasons. With many chain facilities boasting low initiation fees, the more expensive yet more results-oriented fitness options can easily escape your budget. It is important to remember, however, that money spent on health and wellbeing has benefits beyond physical fitness and commitment to wellness should be held paramount to all other priorities. In this guest blog, Mike Campanella explains why personal training specifically is worth the extra cost:
Why Choose Personal Training?
By Michael Campanella, Owner and Founder, Pex Health and Fitness
If I offered you $5 million dollars, would you take it? What if I said that if you took it, you only had five more years to live? Would you still take it? While this is just a hypothetical thought experiment, I would be willing to bet that most people (under the age of 70) would not take that deal. So, what does this mean? I think it means, among many things, that people put high intrinsic value on their lives.
In Short: Health is Wealth!
If this is the case, then why are so many people so unhealthy? I think there are a multitude of “problems” that I could list that contribute to this growing epidemic. But this blog isn’t about problems. This blog is about solutions. One solution-process that you can engage in, today, is hiring a personal trainer.
But aren’t personal trainers expensive? Well, we just decided that 5 years of your life is worth more than $5 million dollars. Most trainers I know are cheaper than that. A lot cheaper. As my good friend Dr. Michael O’Brien has been known to say, hiring a personal trainer is the most effective strategy you can implement to “add years to your life, and life to your years.”
Here’s why hiring a personal trainer this year will be the BEST decision you make:
- Motivation: Personal trainers are the perfect motivators. Most of us know, and science proves, that we work harder in the presence of others. Having a trainer by your side can provide the encouragement, energy and motivation you need to jumpstart your routine.
- Accountability: Personal trainers will hold you accountable and keep you consistent. A good personal trainer can help you overcome all of the excuses you might use to avoid your commitment to exercise. It’s a lot harder to skip the gym when you know someone is waiting for you.
- Guidance: Starting a health and fitness regimen can be overwhelming. Sometimes this confusion, and associated misinformation, can be an impediment to starting a workout routine. A good trainer can lead you in the right direction. Like the rudder on a boat, a personal trainer can help you find credible information and provide direction for you as you embark on your fitness journey.
- Confidence: Navigating safely and effectively in a public gym setting can be a little intimidating. Personal trainers can assist you in your acclimation process and help you build self-confidence. They will also teach you how to use all of the equipment correctly, and how to do all of your prescribed exercises in a safe and effective manner, mitigating any potential for injury. Additionally, the positive reinforcement distributed by your trainer during exercise can promote stronger self-assurance and self-efficacy; two qualities that can help you stick with your exercise program over the long term.
- Enjoyment: Last, but certainly not least, personal trainers can make exercise enjoyable! Fancy that! A savvy personal trainer can disguise intense and rigorous exercise so that it feels fun and internally satisfying. This is extremely important. You could have the best workout program ever, but if it is not gratifying, you simply won’t do it (and you shouldn’t, to be honest). Training with a personal trainer will increase exercise-related enjoyment, make exercise more social, and will ultimately produce more gratification from your workouts. I call that a win!
To conclude, a skilled personal trainer can help you be the best that you can be, allowing you to be better for those around you. This type of training can arm you with just the confidence and mindset needed to combat daily pressures with ease.
Pex Health and Fitness is a premier personal training studio emphasizing personal empowerment with a new location opening in Needham, MA in March 2019. Learn more at www.pexhealthandfitness.com